Projects covering technology concept to prototype demonstration in an operational environment.
The long-term cluster objective is the development of new concepts and materials with a large energy saving potential for industry. We aim to:
- reduce power consumption by 40%.
- Improve application windowof existing separation technologies and
- develop technology for modular
• Separation of molecules with similar properties
• Separation of molecules in aggressive solvents
• Removal of trace impurities
• Concentration processes
Current Themes – Budget ±9M€
• Nanofiltration (hybrid membranes, Solvent tolerant NF/RO for aqueous streams, …)
• Affinity Separation (extractive distillation, …)
• Separation of similar compounds from an organic matrix
• (Retrofit) evolutions in distillation
• Case-tailored membrane solutions
“A Vision for the Future of Process Technology”
Chemical process technology is being pushed towards a revolution through changing social context, increased knowledge, and growing availability of alternative energy and materials. Future plants will need to be more flexible than today, both in size and operation.
A limited number of game-changing technological breakthroughs will lead to significant progress for the industry. Examples of these advancements are cost effective scalable separations, improved understanding of liquid interactions, and exploring the full potential of 3D printing for industry, including the potential use of brand-new intelligent construction materials. Industry needs to prepare for a shift to flexible plants that are able to process a mixture of less pure inputs composed of biological and recycled origin.